If you want to allow your clients to login and make changes to their own site, you need to add them as a Site Owner for their website. Doing so will allow to them make changes to their individual website on their own. You can limit the changes they can make by assigning User Permissions.
STEP 1 - Select “Site Details” next to the client's business/website name from the Manage Sites screen.
STEP 2 - In the Manage Site Owner Access section, click "Add Site Owner".
STEP 3 - Enter the "Email" address for your client. Click "Add" when complete.
Step 4 - Add the Site Owner's Name, create their Password, and control their User Permissions. Click "Save" when complete.
Note: You will need to share the email address and password with the new Site Owner because they will not receive a system generated email.
The Site owner successfully created notification will appear to confirm the Site Owner has been added:
The Site Owner will be able to access their website by clicking "Login" on the bottom right of the screen:
- When you add a site owner, your client can access their individual site to make changes to their content, and access the Layout, Design, Pages, Settings and Stats Tabs.
- You will notice that “Manage Layout & Design” is unchecked by default, and is the recommended setting for business owners. If you choose to check this option, then your clients will be able to access both the "Layout" and “Design” tabs of their site. With access to these tabs, they can potentially delete or alter the design you created for them, which are changes that cannot be undone. Leaving this option unchecked keeps you in control of the overall site design.
- You will notice that "Manage Pages" is checked by default, and is the recommended setting for business owners who want to add additional pages on their own to their website. If you choose to uncheck this option, then your clients will not be able to see the "Pages" tab of their site. You may choose to restrict access if you want to limit your clients to a certain number of pages on their site. Without access to the Pages tab, the client cannot add new pages, remove existing pages, or rename pages.
- You will notice that "Manage Settings" is unchecked by default and is the recommended setting for business owners. If you choose to check this option, your client will be able to edit the domain name, SEO Meta Tags, and their login credentials.
- You will notice that "Access HTML post" is unchecked by default. If you choose to check this option, then you client will be able to access the HTML Post feature. Access is only recommended for clients who have experience embedding code. Improperly embedding HTML code or placing bad code on a website may prevent the site or certain features to work properly.