Here's a step-by-step guide to setting up Google Analytics on your site:
- Sign up for a Google Account (or sign in if you already have one)
- Head on over to Google Analytics
- Click “Sign Up”, enter your Website name, URL, category & time zone. Click “Get Tracking ID” to finish up
- Copy the Tracking ID (it usually has this type of format: UA-123456789-1)
- From your SiteSwan Dashboard, click on "Site Details" and look for the "Integrations" section.
- Paste your Tracking ID in the field provided and select "Save"
Note - if you don't have the Tracking ID, but instead have a block of HTML code, look closely through the code to find the Tracking ID number, embedded within the code somewhere. Again, the format of the Tracking ID looks like this (but yours will have different numbers: UA-123456789-1).