The Local Prospecting Tool is designed to help you identify which businesses in your market can benefit from a new website. Here's how it works:
STEP 1 - Start by entering a keyword or industry and your location. You can then set the radius you would like to search.
- Examples for Keyword or Industry searches include: painter, plumber, fence company, hair salon, pest control, appliance repair, Italian restaurant, daycare, landscaping, etc. You can also refer to our themes for the types of businesses to search for.
- In heavily populated areas, it's often best to start with a smaller radius search.
- Try changing the keyword or changing the location to a nearby city or zip code to get more results.
STEP 2 - Our Local Prospecting Tool will deliver a long list of nearby businesses with their contact information and whether or not they have a website. You can also check to see if a business's existing website is secure or mobile friendly.
- Just because a business has a website, doesn't mean they're not interested in a new one. Many times a business owner is unhappy with their current website, paying too much, or is simply open to getting a new website. Be sure to reach out to everyone!
- The "SSL" column will tell you which sites have an SSL Certificate. Sites without an SSL Certificate are not secure and are vulnerable to hackers. This is a great opportunity to pitch the business on a new website. All SiteSwan websites are secure and automatically include a valid SSL Certificate.
- With nearly half of all web searches coming from a mobile device, having a mobile-friendly website is absolutely essential for businesses. Use the mobile site checker to determine if the current website is mobile optimized. If a site is not mobile friendly - consider them a "hot" prospect. All SiteSwan websites are automatically mobile-optimized.
STEP 3 - Now that you identified which businesses are your best prospects, you can create live demo sites with just a few clicks. Simply click "Create Site" next to the business name and choose from one of our professionally designed industry-specific themes.
- You can literally create dozens of ready-to-sell demo sites in just minutes. Then you can share the design with the business owner in person, on the phone or by email.
- For best results, customize each demo site by uploading the business's logo and changing site colors to match their brand. This small extra step can help make a big difference in the sales process.
- You might want to personalize some of the content by incorporating the business name or even photos of their business.
- In our Local Prospecting Tool, we define a "prospect" as a local business that matches the proximity and keywords you input in your search.
- The businesses produced in our Local Prospecting Tool are no more likely to purchase a website from you than any other business you may find using a different search method.
- Each search is limited to a maximum of 3 pages of results at a time.
- While we aim to keep the data accurate and as up-to-date as possible, we rely on third-party data sources, and make no claims to the accuracy or perceived "quality" of the business information listed and will not be held liable for any information produced or not produced by the Local Prospecting Tool.
- Prospecting Tool usage is limited to 500 queries per month.