You can grant clients access to manage their sites by adding them as a Site Owner. Doing so will allow to them make changes on their own. You can control what they see and what they don’t by assigning User Permissions.
- Once Logged In to your dashboard, click on “Sites” then “Manage” from the top navigation bar.
- Select “Site Details” next to the individual site you wish to grant a client access to.
- In the "Manage Site Owner Access" section, click "Add Site Owner". You can then enter the email address and create a password for your client. They will now be able to access their site by clicking "Login" on the bottom right of their own website. Be sure to provide your client with the login details including the password you created.
User Permissions for Site Owners
- You will notice that “Can Manage Site Design” is unchecked by default, and is the recommended setting for business owners. If you choose to check this option, then your clients will be able to access the "Themes", "Layout", and “Design” tabs of their site. With access to these tabs, they can potentially delete or alter the design you created for them, which are changes that cannot be undone. Leaving this option unchecked keeps you in control of the overall site design.
- You will notice that "Can Manage Site Pages" is checked by default, and is the recommended setting for business owners. If you choose to uncheck this option, then your clients will not be able to see the "Pages" tab of their site. You may choose to do this if you want to limit your clients to a certain number of pages on their site, because without access to the Pages tab, they cannot add pages, remove pages, or rename pages.
Once you add a site owner, your client can access their individual site to add/edit content, add/edit pages, and access their settings and stats.